My theme for Project Boost (Working Title)

Working Title: Project Boost.

Current Name: Gothan Night

Theme: Bat-wing in the Gotham

Summary:

The city of Gotham is filled with large skyscrapers, dark alleyways and ofcourse a dozen maniacs hell-bent on the destruction of the city’s last line of Defence: Batman.

It was a regular winter night in the City of Gotham. The wind was chilly and the streets. The city was slowly descending into a slumber, the poor was huddled around common bon-fires in street corner, the rich slept on their silk sheets with automatic heating. However, any lost soul wandering the streets n that condemned night would have seen a dark silhouette standing on the Gargoyles of Gotham PD. Shrouded in darkness, he stood vigilant watching over his city because as everybody slept, he had to stay awake.

Many would think he was crazy, even the craziest of people were sleeping soundly. But he knew better, and rightly so, hardly an hour later, the Bat-Signal on the top of that very tower lit. Calling for their hero.
As Batman, reached the top with he grapple, he could see the back of a worried Commissioner Gordon, Dressed in Grey overcoat with heavy spectacles and a lit cigarette, This was a man whose retirement was long overdue.

“Who is it?”

“Huh!” Gordon let out a little yelp of startle before taking out his cigarette and putting it out, “Thank heavens you’re here! It’s the Joker.”

Joker, the Clown prince of crime was every Gotham citizen’s worst fear. Irrational, genius and in every possible way, Insane, he has been terror of the city for two decades now. He’d been caught many times but each time he found a way to get out. Until one fateful day, three years ago, he turned himself in. That was around the time Batman had gone missing. Left fatally wounded by the Leader of the league of Shadow’s Ra’s Al Ghul. It has taken the dark knight almost three years of intense care to get back on his feet again. But he had returned, to the relief and dismay of many.

“Isn’t he in Arkham?”

The vigilante did not have to wait for an answer, the sorrowful, sleep-deprived eyed of the commissioner gave him the answer.

“He escaped just a few hours ago. Gotham PD received a call just now, he’s holding over 50 people hostage in the Lomton District.”

Lomton District, possible the most dangerous part of Gotham, The district was over-saturated with people living below the poverty line. Not beggars but the lowest working class of Gotham. The under-paid workers living off a minimum wage, making ends meet by slightest margin. The District was highlighted by high-rises full of studio apartments with large families crammed into each.

“You need to go down there righ-”, but Gordon was already alone on the rooftop.

Jumping from rooftop to rooftop, Batman couldn’t help but wonder to himself, could he be the reason Joker and returned? Joker had made it clear many times, Batman was what completed but the vigilane had never paid much heed to those ramblings of the mad-man. But learning more and more about these three years he had gone missing was proving him wrong.

“Well hello Batman!”, A Cackling voice screamed out of a loudspeaker, breaking his reverie. He was here.

“Ans so we meet again Bats! You had no idea how boring it was without you! No thrill to the chase, no challenge to my crimes and… no punchline to my jokes”, followed the familiar dreaded laugh he had heard a million times before.

“But let’s not dwell on the past shall we?”, the voice continued, “I forgive you! and as welcome gift, here I am.”, the croaky voice seemed to pierce him the ears.

“I’m right across the district, all you have to do is come to me!”, followed by even more screeching laughter.

Knowing the Joker, Batman knew better than to just walk across the rooftops. He spoke into his comms, “Alfred! Send the Batwing to my location”

1 Like

I didn’t know I was going to be reading a great batman comic. I’m just going to chill here and read this great story.

Privacy & Terms