My sketches!

Here are some of my sketches! Hope you’ll like them. :grinning::grinning: :smile::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

:bat::bat::wolf::wolf:

7 Likes

Those are great sketches, and I’m really loving the one of Batman. Very nicely done. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! Miss_B!! :grinning::bat:

Thanks a lot! :smile:

These are great sketches, Arpit Mathur! I really like the wolf and the landscapes.

But I think you missed the point. The sketches should with MINIMALISTIC effort transport the meaning. For instance, a trapez with two circles beneath transports the meaning of “car”. Or in case of Batman, his logo or the outline of his figure.
This lecture is meant to teach the importance of the “core” of something. If you know how to “break down” something to its core, it is much easier to transport to a viewer, and much, much easier to start to model.

For example: you want to model a house. So you start with? Not all rooms with all furniture, the electrical wiring, plumbing and every hair of a carpet, but with a cube. You then refine it by cutting it in half and raising the top edge, and - voilà! - a house everyone will recognize.

From that point on, you can still refine and refine and refine your model, but the important task here is to know where to start from, and thus, with your sketches, to grasp the concept of a thing. That might look a little cartoony, but that’s fine - a cartoon is exactly that: transporting maximum information with minimalistic lines.

1 Like

Amazing work, keep it up. Just wish I could draw that good

1 Like

Thank you so much!! And anyone can draw. Its just like mathematics, you need to keep practicing. :grinning:

That wolf is gorgeous :heart_eyes:
amazing sketches :relaxed:

1 Like

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! :smiley: :smiley:
And Sorry for replying extremely late as I was away from the community for a while…

Privacy & Terms