My short movie and many more to come (hopefully)

I have no experience animating anything but this turned out better than I had expected. It was a lot of fun and the final piece motivates me more to keep making them! :slight_smile:
(Made in Blender, edited in Davinci resolve)

6 Likes

Great movie and fun idea.
You’ve improved the lighting. Great job!.

For me, the video dimension (height) was unusual.

1 Like

Thank you. Will change that. Wanted to see how it would turn out

1 Like

I really love it! The story is very fun to watch. The roughness on the character and his clothes seems like it could be a little low, makes him a little shiny, but this was rendered in Eevee right? Could be a color/lighting issue in my monitor.

I think the camera movements were my favorite part overall, along with the extra props amongst the house. Do you have any pictures of just the monster creature? He almost looked like he had a hat on lol.

Thanks so much for sharing this.

2 Likes

Haha thank you. The character was actually rough. I didn’t put too much effort on texturing and the clothing. The scene was rendered in cycles. The monster was very roughly done. Just a sphere with fur and added some trash on it to look like a monster that was hiding under all that garbage (it didn’t have a hat). I thought since it would just have a few seconds on camera, I wouldn’t waste time on it.

I wanted to make something rough and stupid. So I didn’t put too much effort on smoothing things out.
I’m glad how it turned out and these positive feedback makes me make more stupid animations haha.

(Working on another one already :eyes:)

1 Like

Thanks for confirming those things! I paused the video at the right moment, and it looks like a cup, or something is perfectly on the monsters’ head lol. That definitely makes sense, I was curious if he had any other parts since the section reaching out from under the couch.

Silly shorts are something people normally love to share or follow along with a story about. I look forward to seeing more short animations from you hopefully.

1 Like

Haha yeah. I have some ideas. Hopefully make a lot more and progress my animation as I go along. Was also thinking making cubic animations

1 Like

Its amazing I love it, I liked the little monster, it’s both cute and scary. :rofl: :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms