My Result for Obstacle Assault

This project was really fun and I like the outcome I got by just toying around. Hopping around my little sky island I was able to get better feeling results with stronger gravity and a longer camera arm in the character settings. I think it would be interesting to script some camera restrictions to keep it from getting weird in some places.
ObstacleAssault
I loved the coded checkpoint solutions I saw here but I ended up using a more built-in approach that wrapped the player around to try again instead of killing them. The rotating rings came from here where I was able to tweak my script not to lock when rotating Y.

I ran into some problems where I needed to “delete Binaries, Intermediate, and Saved folders, regenerate project files, and then rebuild” but all in all the Unreal Engine feels so good now!

8 Likes

Noice. Some great level design elements in there!

1 Like

that’s fantastic! Much better than my little single file path lol, great level design.

1 Like

awesome. I especially liked the jumping puzzles near the beginning as well as the final boost up the castle.

Your character movement seems more fluid in addition to the camera being zoomed out. What did you do there?

1 Like

I may have played with the settings a bit but I don’t think so. I really need to learn to get GIT setup for Unreal projects so I can review change logs. I’d be more certain, then.
If anyone reading this has a good reference, that would be appreciated.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms