My result after this course

In one of the discussions, I promised to show my result when I finished this strategy, but when I did it, and I understood the move change system, I decided to make my dream come true and make my own clone of the game Raid Shadow Legends, I think many people know this game. And I started to do, the process will certainly be long and most likely it will take a year,
but already now I have done a lot and would like to share the result with you. I did not record a video, because there is already a lot of everything in it and the video would take at least 30 minutes just to show the whole gameplay, so I will leave a link to the Play Market in which this game is, updates are released very often, the main language of the game is Russian,
but I have already done localization and you can play in English. My game is not like the one that the author makes in this course, but I want to say again that this course helped me understand many things and taught me to write more flexible code, and my game this is a good example of where this course can take you.
Therefore, I express my deep gratitude to the author for this course. I would also like to contact the author and other very experienced programmers, my game is already at a deep stage, almost all PVE content is already there, it remains only to increase it, but then I will need to implement PVP content, guilds, bosses, arenas and so on ,
and I really need advice from professionals on how best I can do this …

link to my game: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.EAGames.KingdomofDesweola

I will also attach screenshots of the description of the skills of the heroes, these skills are already working and you can see that this is much more interesting than just an attack, each hero has characteristics,
and each hero has absolutely unique skills

I hope someone experienced will show interest in this and can help me with professional advice.

If someone is interested in watching, but there is no desire or opportunity to download such a large game file, I made a mini-review in the average quality for viewing on YouTube

1 Like

You might look into our Inventory course, part of the RPG series (but it can be taken as a standalone, you can use our project to complete the integration section), as well as the Shops and Abilities course. These two combined will give you a system that would allow you to define the Abilities in a more robust way, using ScriptableObjects, and assigning those to each character, rather than hard coding them all in a UnitSkillDescription class…

1 Like

This class is just a description of abilities. Their implementation in other classes. I use a lot of ScriptableObjects in the game, but for the sake of description I need to do just that. I make each hero unique, so when I come up with skills for a new hero, it’s convenient for me to see all the available skills in front of my eyes so as not to repeat myself and to come up with synergies. And in fact, this method is also very convenient thanks to β€œenum”, I just request the text, and the result is always different, depending on which enum the hero has. I think now my code is very flexible and there was no reason to do even better, it easily allows me to add something new to the game every day. Right now I need some advice on how to implement multiplayer…I’ve already made games using Photon pun 2, I know about Firebase database and remote config, did the same with unity remote config. The problem is that I can not think of a system for this. There is no need for a lobby, in fact, I need to store each player and all information about the player there, I need to store Clans or Guilds there, I need to store and synchronize the results of the guild attack on the Boss, there I need to conduct arena battles between players …

Earlier when I asked for persistence advice I was using BunaryFormatter, you advised me to use Json and showed me your implementation. It is very good, works great, I use it, but now the problem is that if you delete the game, these saves are also deleted. I plan to add saves to google cloud storage,
i have seen reviews on how to do this and they all use BinaryFormatter, have you had any experience connecting your Json way to google cloud? Will this work correctly?

And about your course, you mean this course?

Not sure about google cloud, but I cannot see it being a problem.

JSON is just another kind of binary converter. It takes an object and converts it into a string. Any place that allow you to store a string will be fine. BinaryFormatter outputs to a string, right? If so, it should be interchangable with little or no adjustment.

This one

Not terribly surprising, BinaryFormatter was the go to solution for serialization in C# right up until it wasn’t. Microsoft’s pronouncement that it was unsafe (and could not be rendered safe) took a lot of people and companies by surprise.

I haven’t worked with Google Cloud, though anything that will work with a binary file will work with a text file like a Json file. A text file is a binary file, just with the bytes representing text.

It outputs an array of bytes (subtle difference). That being said, a Json string can also be represented as an array of bytes.

2 Likes

It’s awesome how you managed to take what you learned in this course and apply it to a different project, that’s exactly the main goal, for you to gain knowledge which you can use in any genre.
So congrats on doing that!

Thank you. I bought several courses, one course helped me understand the logic of saving objects, your course helped me set up the correct interaction between units, I learned how to use Action and, most importantly, the code could become more flexible and correct. Therefore, my thanks to you, your course is definitely worth the money

I understood you. Yes, I don’t have this course yet. Regarding JSon, I also think that there are no problems to redefine the logic of working with cloud storage, the main thing is for me to understand the principle and I think there will be no problems.

I think the same

Privacy & Terms