My Realm Rush game

Hello everybody.
Sharing a video of my take on Realm Rush section of the course!
It sure could use more tweaking and polish, but I cant wait to get started on the nex section =p

https://youtu.be/j0FTQs1bdmM

What I did apart from section material:

• Used assets from asset store
  • Enemy path is calculated and painted over with another material.
  • Increasing difficulty depending on how many enemies you kill. (speed and hitpoints)

UPD: Video sound may be a bit too loud!!!

1 Like

Looks great! Really looks slick and well put together.

I’ve just finished the section but going to spend a few days making mine a bit different. One thing I did want to look into was smoother movement. How did you script it in with the tanks?

Hey Liam, thank you for support!
I’m sorry it took me so long to answer.
I simply used transform.position = Vector3.MoveTowards(transform.position, nextWaypoint.transform.position, speed); in the update method.
But I also had to modify the FollowPath coroutine, so that it took the enemy speed into account.
I could share the whole code, if you want. But you probably already came up woth your own solution =)

Ooooo! I think I might be able to do it. I’ve set myself a lot of challenges after the end of this section and this is one of them. Would be amazing to see your code after I’ve tried to challenge myself a little.

At the moment, I’m trying to add status effects. Going with an element theme game but working out how to slow an enemy based on the particle collision from one tower is proving a bit much right now haha!

Privacy & Terms