My progress so far

Great course so far! right what I was looking for. This is the journey of getting a game off the ground, not just a coding or design course. I love the decision of not giving us a final polished solution but go through the process of making decisions, then questioning whether those decisions work from a technical and design stand point and eventually even changing that decision all together.

Sharing a bit my progress so far!

2 Likes

Hey man, this is really good. What kinda game were you going for? Something kinda like Firewatch?

Not really; my approach is always to follow the tutorial without deviation and taking notes. Then I’ll start something new with the lessons learnt. I do have a few thoughts on theme, features and art direction but so far I’m just enjoying the ride while I’m also coming closer to a final concept of what I would like to build after the course.

I did think it would be a good touch to have a guard tower watching over the bridge to the castle. Also we didn’t have bridge assets before so I composed the bridge out of wood walls placed horizontally.

Interesting. I like this scene It reminds me of a summer camp I used to go to.

Privacy & Terms