My phone not in device list

I have a apparently a phone to is too new for Unity apparently. I have a Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G and I can’t find my phone in the latest version of Unity currently which is 2021.3.7f1. Part of the assignment was to find your phone but what if your phone is not listed? I guess all you can do is try to find a similar form factor perhaps?

Edit: Maybe the Device profile of the “Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 5G (Phone)” is the closest form factor to my Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G?

Yes, unfortunately, there are so many different phones out there, that listing every one is virtually impossible…
In older versions of the Device Manager, you could define your own phone, but Unity stripped that functionality. We just have to find the device closest to ours.

I found documentation for adding a device in the 2021 version of Unity. But not really sure how it works or if I want to attempt it. here is the link I found: Unity - Manual: Adding a device Are you saying the steps in this page would not work?

So that’s what they did with it!
In the older versions, you could add and edit them in the Editor. I’d like 5 minutes with the genius who thought it was a good idea to strip that functionality and make users create them from the ground up. I wonder how hard it would be to write an Editor for that…

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms