My personal Project

I wanted to share with you all my first animation with a low poly turret model I worked on for about 3 hours in total (including rigging, UV texturing and animation).

It is 1 of 3 turrets that will be a set of gaming assets that I am creating to publish with CC0 license.

One question though. When I have created a proper export as per the tutorial I have encountered two issues

• Unity: When I import the FBX all is alright but the animation is little off, for example one bone that was not meant to rotate is rotating (in the animation video you see that the top part of the turret rotates but the base remains static, however in Unity the Base rotates as well…) I would appreciate any help on this front
  • Unreal Engine 4 - after exporting the Bone Constraints were lost, is there a way to make sure that these are not lost in the process of exporting?

Thank you and hope to update this thread with the next 2 turrets in this “to be gamepack” this week.

I have decided that before going to the next section (treating the course like a “must finish soon” race) I will create the 3 models (this one being number 1) and 5 animations in total (3 from the turrets and 2 extra ones) to solidify the knowledge that I have gained so far.

UPDATE: My second model and the animation has been completed. Up to the third one :slight_smile:

UPDATE: My third and last model and the animation has been completed. Time to continue in the course to the fluffy bunny :slight_smile:

Everybody keep up the great work and share your content! seems rather lonely here in the later parts of the course :slight_smile:

PS: You can download the blend file if you wish from my sketchfab profile: https://sketchfab.com/meitdev

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms