My Obstacle Course

After spending about 3 days on this obstacle course I have a playable state now which I’m super proud of. I implemented some of the concepts in the videos as well as tried to create my own.

This Obstacle Course consists of a Spawn and a Finish with some challenging aspects such as the spinning blades, tight corners, balls rolling from the walls in the maze and near the end there’s 3 layers of moving obstacles you have to try and squeeze through.

I created my own trigger system which triggers events once you collide with invisible colliders. There’s also a 3 life system which respawns you back at the beginning if you hit 3 obstacles. The course also has 3 collectables which are dotted throughout the little course which turns the finish line into a gold colour if you find them all.

The treadmill obstacles loop back to the spawning position once they reach a certain position beyond the map so they keep coming back through the map.

I’m proud of myself for coming up with some new mechanics based on the concepts I learned and I hope to expand more on this later on.

3 Likes

I’m proud of you too! :clap:

Nice man… did you actually loop those moving walls or just make like a mile long duplicate of the walls and move the whole thing in one direction

They looped back to a starting position behind the wall. Once they reached a predefined x position behind the wall they would move to the other side and continue moving. I created serialized values to control the direction. It’s quite simple. I found to to check if they reached the end location you had to round the position otherwise it’ll skip.

1 Like

Nice man… iv always wanted to figure out how to loop things like that that once they get to a location they despawn and respawn at the start.

Privacy & Terms