My Obstacle Course Attempt

Here is my attempt at the Obstacle Course game.

I created a game loop with an introduction and a win screen with options on both to play or quit.

Game screen has a hit counter and the win screen displays the number of collisions during the level.

The game itself is only one level but it is complete as far as I can tell and beatable - just :grinning:

I ended up changing/adding some of the scripts - removed the hit counter from the player and added it to another script that was updated by the player script. I also had to change the Time.time reference for the droppers to a Time.timeSinceLevelLoad reference so that the droppers and spheres did not drop as soon as the level was restarted.

Had a lot of trouble with canvas elements that were stored in a donโ€™t destroy instance and eventually got around that by using canvas groups and enabling/disabling elements based on the name of the scene that is currently loaded. Other canvas elements that were totally scene specific were put in a separate canvas entity. Itโ€™s not a pretty solution within the Unity project but seems to work out OK.

Overall, I am really happy with the outcome. Please feel free to have a play and let me know what you think.

Cheers

Privacy & Terms