My level

Hi, just thought to share a screenshot from my level. I wanted to play around with the PCG features so I made a little oasis map. Couldn’t figure out how exclusions work so my pond has underwater plants lol. Also couldn’t figure out water depth nor how to make PCG spline foliage actually hug the landscape but other than that megascans and PCG stuff really make life a lot easier for small dev teams!

2 Likes

Nice work! I’ll be doing a bit about PCG late in the course as well. Definitely a time-saver and the results almost always look great/realistic with very little adjustment. Very fun feature.

Yea, PCG is great for environments, plants and stuff like that are pretty much randomly placed in nature anyway! Hopefully the bit you are doing would show how to make PCG Splines work with landscapes, I couldn’t figure out how to make spline foliage adhere to ground shapes for the life of me! It would make the scene look much better, for example my plan was to add lush vegetation around the pond and some shrub along the little ridge.

Privacy & Terms