My Lamp Model

Animation is to come, it’s currently on hour 30 something of the animation render.

I also forgot to smooth the geometry before rendering (I keep doing that).

3 Likes

This looks awesome

1 Like

This is amazing!

But, you gotta know I have a load of questions!!!

1. I made a bulb, made it transparent (I think), and put a filament inside. The filament did nothing (even with the emission type material. How did you do that in your bulb?

2. How did you get the picture to render like that . . . I can get my cycles render to show color, but absolutely nothing else has color . . . and I’ve worked with the color buttons . . . made it RGB . . . everything! I’m posting my renders to show everyone . . . if you have a suggestion though, I would love to hear it!

3. I can do a shiny surface . . . is that all this is? Using straight colors and making it shiny?

Your work is great!

Susan

1 Like

Thanks Jan :slight_smile:

Thanks Susan,

Most of this was trial and error, just experimenting with materials etc.

To answer your questions:

1.) For the bulb (glass material) I used the following:

Untitled-1

For the filament I used the following material settings:

I made sure that the filament was inside the glass and ran a few test renders to review how it looked. I also added a light, right at the bottom of the bulb for additional luminescence as the filament itself didn’t have enough punch (without increasing the strength so much I’d lose the yellow colours). See the light placement and settings below:

2.) Making the colours like they are was A LOT of trial and error as well as some additional research (outside of this course). It all comes down to the materials you create and the lighting you create to illuminate the materials. It’s actually quite a vast subject from what I can tell, after some brief research. As for the render itself, all of the settings were as per the course material, with the exception of the samples which were 1200 to render the still images.

3.) Below is the tutorial I vaguely followed to get my material (I didn’t follow all of it, just enough to achieve what I wanted for this project as to not overload/distract myself from the course material/project flow). Once I have finished this course, I will go back through all of my research materials and watch/read/learn everything I need.

Thanks again Susan,

I hope this helps.

Dave

Privacy & Terms