My lamp base and stem

Hey guys here is my setup so far all subject to change.
What? Don’t see it? Well i tried to render in 4k and my laptop has been locked up for almost an hr. So lesson learned and if it ever renders and my laptop doesn’t blow up ill add a render to this post. See ya then
As if this setup would do a 4k render haha i was wishful

3 Likes

:rofl:

An hour is a short render, could be days!

3 Likes

It actually crashed, don’t think i can run cycles it barely works in viewport, is it fine to work out of eevee primarily?

1 Like

Update so my laptop is low-grade and cycles makes it crash so i will have to stick with eevee, i hope this is ok and im going to do my best to provide great eevee renders. Starting with the thing thats taken up most my day, here is my base and stage so far.

4 Likes

There is no need to render in 4K.
you make it yourself difficult and time-consuming.
Most viewers will look at content in the low resolution presented on this forum.

Just have fun, and use the capabilities of your hardware.

First image was a photo so will be the camera resolution.
Renders are just standard,
Though you are right he could render lower still. I may help.

1 Like

Eevvee is no problem at all if it lets you work and move forward. I am surprised though, usually Cycles will just chunter along until it does it, so long as it had enough memory to hold the materials and such.

You are making good progress with the lamp.

1 Like

Yeah i am working on and old laptop that barely even runs eevee at optimal settings in viewport, forget about cycles it takes ages to render the scene. It seemed like it wanted to render and was showing loading but then it froze.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms