My header public interfaces and reasoning

Unsure why string doesn’t work; I tried including and but that didn’t make the redline go away; I assume it might get wired up later by whatever we include this header in…or I am getting something wrong.

Many of these are geared towards later extension of the game; Plan is to use the old “You Don’t Know Jack” game concept with a touch of weirdness to have the system deliver similar but semi-unique responses to user input, like:
“Your guess has nearly saved you from the iron claws of the Sphinx. You have X correct letters and Y of them are in the right place.”
“Next up: your final guess…Prepare to die! I can tell you however that you got X letters correct and Y are in the correct spaces.”

I also want to have a “help” page they can read before playing the game (IE, what is an isogram, maybe a history of the game, that sort of thing).

It occurred to me after continuing on that some of my stuff might be better in Private and then to get the results from those helpers and show them through the public interface. I think though that as yet I don’t quite understand the difference between “public” and “private” all that well, so it’s off to Google.

string is in the std namespace. It looks like you need to #include <string> and then either use ‘using namespace std;’ or prefix each ‘string’ with ‘std::’.

Privacy & Terms