My gpu does not support Cycles?

so i tried to use Cycles render and i wanted to use it on my gpu instead of cpu but it says failed to retain CUDA context. i have GTX 1660 SUPER gpu and yes i tried selecting and deselecting in Cycles render devices. Any ideas?

2 Likes

That link is to the Blender computing requirements to run.

https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/render/cycles/gpu_rendering.html

Or this manual page about cycles needs.

Have you set the preferences to Optics or Cuda?
Edit, Preferences, System, set there.

2 Likes

i tried it both and still nothing. sometimes it work at first time but fail while rendering. according to the website my gpu is not in the list. thanks for the information

2 Likes

Do you have an AMD processor?
Do you have the latetst NVidea GPU drivers?
Which version of Blender are you using? (maybe go back in Blender versions - You can install multiple versions of Blender)

2 Likes

i have intelR CoreTM i7 3770 cpu with 3.40GHz. i know its a bit old but thats the best for my motherboard. about gpu drivers i already have the lastets drivers. as for which version im using its the last version 4.1
do yall reccomend me to use older versions?

2 Likes

It would be worth a test to see if an older version will work better for you. BUT the file you are working on just might not be backward compatible.

1 Like

It should work, but …

I search the web …

Maybe it’s the way you’ve configured your scene and objects.
As a student you may have instructed Blender to do calculations in a unlogical way.
like connecting material nodes in a wrong (illegal) way.

1 Like

@Shq Always post screenshots of the issues if you can.
Looking at the screenshot from FedPete this looks like it could be an issue with optix denoiser,

you could try switching to a different denoiser to see if it solves the issue.
That said we don’t have a screenshot of the error you’re getting so there is not much we can do to help.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms