My GDD

I know I’m possibly planning features and ideas, that are out of the scope of the course, but if possible, I’d like to implement.

Game Design Document
Concept
The game is a tank battle game, where you are set up against several enemy tanks and have to outmaneuver and shoot them and not get killer yourself.
The player will have tactical tools at his disposal like terrain, movement, smoke and different armor levels on different sides of tanks.
Based on what I’ve seen of the course project so far, I’d like to make the terrain larger and rounds faster and the player should have the option to zoom his view in or out to grant better precision at larger ranges.
The fun element should emerge from the dance with the enemy - maneuvering, timing shots, outsmarting the AI.
The player can toggle between third and first person views.
Optional: Based on the selected difficulty level, the AI accuracy would vary and on hard difficulty it would not be possible to use the third person view.

Rules
The player and enemy tanks have a limited set amount of ammo.
Each tank has a set amount of health and based upon the direction of hit health is reduced until the tank is destroyed.
The game is won, when enemy tanks are either destroyed or have run out of ammo.
The game is lost, when the player is either destroyed or out of ammo.
Terrain and rocks block shots, but buildings, smoke or foliage allow shots to pass through.
The player and AI both can move everywhere.

Requirements
Terrain.
Tank models.
AI.
Buildings, foliage, rocks.
Soundtrack music.
Sound effects for firing, hits, reloading, smoke.
Graphical effects for firing and hits and smoke.
Music for loss or win events.
Menu music and art.
UI elements for ammo, victory and loss.

Privacy & Terms