My gameplay mockup. A simplistic style

Hey! I spent some time working on a gameplay mockup and thinking of a few designs for the enemies, and some defense structures. I thought it was hard coming up with some defense structure designs because I’m not really that creative :smiley:

I might change the structure designs later on when I get some ideas, but it’s good for now :slight_smile:
I’m satisfied with the style though. I went with a simplistic style because I’m not really an artist and because I love simplicity.

I also have to rig and animate them, but I’ll do that tomorrow because it’s getting pretty late :smiley:

Anyways, here’s my gameplay mockup :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sure. The theme is medieval, but in the same style as in the picture. For defense structures, I wanted to make a ballista, but I didn’t know how I would make it in that style. So I just went with towers with some weapon attached to the side, and then there’s the cannon.

But my initial plans were a ballista, a catapult, and a cannon. For the non-combat defense structures that would be used to hold the attackers back for a bit, I just thought about a big wall. But yeah, I wasn’t sure how it should look :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah. I thought this was just like idea ilustration and its going to be like 3D modelling and stuff.

Oh, I see. Nah it was just a gameplay mockup I did for the Glitch Garden lessons in the 2D Unity course. I’ve been programming for years, and I want to get better at 2D art so I can make my own art for games, plus I enjoy both aspects, programming, and art. I’m excited for when I can make proper 2D game art :slight_smile:

So I am trying my best to do these courses with my own art :slight_smile:

Hmm, the game could be cool in 3D isometric perspective though :thinking: But I think I’m going to focus on 2D first though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms