My game idea: underground factory escape

Title: Scrapped

Simple premise:
The game is set inside an underground factory of an evil corporation that is secretly trying to assemble an army of robots. The player takes control of a small defective drone that has been scrapped, thrown in a junkyard zone inside the facility and is destined to be destroyed. The goal of the game is to escape, but in order to accomplish it the player has to traverse different areas of the factory.

Mechanics:
The mechanics are similar to the ones of the original project. Instead of limited fuel I would like to add a timer and I think it shouldn’t be that different to implement. I have also been thinking to add hidden or hard to reach items in each one of the levels that serve as collectibles to unlock different endings.

Levels:

• Junkyard Zone: this level serves as a tutorial and its sole obstacles are just the level geometry itself and scrapped metal parts falling from the sky in a timed cycle;
  • Assembly Lane: in this level the player has to face obstacles moving through conveyor belts and crushing mechanisms;
  • Training Zone: the player has to cross through a training zone for war robots. The obstacles in this area are guns that follow your position and shoot you every few seconds and war robots that follow specific patterns of movement;
  • Underground tunnel: the player has to vertically navigate through a tunnel that will let it reach the surface. The tunnel itself is filled with defense mechanisms like invisible proximity mines which start bleeping when you are near them and moving drones (like you, but fully functional) that disintegrate you as soon as you are spotted.

Note: Since I have minimal game design/programming experience the scope of the project will be definitely adjusted according to my actual skills.

2 Likes

I really like your game story and the ideas of the game levels. I think you will do a really good game.
Good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love the story! I want to play it already! :smiley:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms