My First Website

Hi Everyone,

I just created my first website, and would love some feedback. What do you think of the design and layout?

Mundane Games

2 Likes

Good start for a website but please leave out the profanity! Thank you!

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. Replaced word with ‘butt’

1 Like

Personally, I do not like it. And that for several reasons:

1. The website has a very basic feel to it with some very odd design choices, in Google Chrome for example the logo is cut off in the header, the tips of the triangles are slices off. The background of the header has a dirty white color to it. Yet directly below it, the navigation bar has a pure white background color. The navigation buttons have a super wide margin on either sides, have a considerable margin at the top, yet are then placed rather close to the suddenly grey separator bar. The header of actual text has yet another color of grey attached to it. Now giving us blue, green and already 2 shades of grey. The e-mail address box is a bit difficult to tell, but it appears to be yet another shade of grey? The submit box is certainly a different shade of blue and green however.

2. Upon navigating the website the user is confronted with constant sliding effects. Fun in a tech demo or as part of a portfolio showcase for something self-created. But on an actual website like this, it adds nothing.

3. The source code of the website, it is an absolute nightmare. And likely also explains the reason on as to why the above two points are there. It reads prefab website all over, probably through a service like wix.com. And it shows.

All of this is not meant to be harsh, don’t get me wrong. But your website is like your greeting card, it is where first impressions are made. I would suggest to restart the design from the ground up. Look at some design portfolios available, e.g. from FullyIllustrated. Don’t even think about the HTML or CSS in this stage yet, just mock it up in e.g. Illustrator or InDesign. And once you have the look going for it what you want, translate it to HTML.

1 Like

Looks nice!

its not loading for me :confused:

Not working for me neither

I get an error message. “This Site Can’t Be Reached”

“Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site.”
There are some problems with your site :frowning:

The site is not accessible on my side.

I wish you the best !

Wow! Did you create your website on your own? Wonderful! It looks great. Good job. I’m glad you got to make such a beautiful website. I envy you. Every time I tried to make a website for my company so many times, I came across a horrible result I didn’t even want to remember. I never understood how people manage to make a website on their own. It seems impossible to me. Well, at least I found a company that helped me so much. The web designers from WordPress Experts - Prosvit.Design helped me to end with the website and make my business active. Thank them, and congratulations to you again! You are very brave.

I would like to see your website but it doesn`t loading…

I was able to open it. The design looks good, but I think it’s a little too simple. You could try hiring someone at least for the first time to create a good layout, and over time, tweaking all the details, which isn’t hard at all. I chose this option when I started my business three years ago, and I think it’s the best. I partnered with webcitz.com, and they did an amazing job. What I like most is that they work very quickly, and you can contact them at any time to resolve or clarify details, so you should give it a try.

Sometimes you get this type of error out of nowhere, and I think we all agree that these situations can ruin your entire day, and if it happens at the start of the day, there is a strong possibility that Murphy’s laws will come in place and you’ll get one bad news after another. I have never had this kind of issue, so I’m really glad that if it happens, I can find the solution here. I mostly use because it helps a lot when you deal with big projects and are suitable for beginners.

Thanks for the insights and for the URL to Fully Illustrated (fullyillustrated.com). That looks like a valuable resource for Indie developers needing services for brand establishment and website layout.

Privacy & Terms