My first mech model

This is first mech model that I made following the tutorial and the first I decided to show.
While I didn’t get far from what I was shown in terms of shape I made different foot part and as you can see there are some inacurracies but I think it looks alright. I quite like the lighting the emission effect gives off so I went as far as to put that where the insets go.
Anyway I enjoyed making this, I learned lots of useful stuff to work more efficiently.
Maybe later when I finish the course I will make a second mech so It will be more original, I probably will be able to make it faster aswell so yeah I will just leave it as it is for now.

This is also my first post in this community so I just want to take a moment to rate my current experience with the course. So I want to highlight that I love the teaching format that Grant Abbit have, I found that way works incredibly well for me especially I learn the most from the challenges where before I am shown a better and more efficient way I just try to make things work, and then when I see how to make it other way I then replicate the other way aswell and it’s amazing because then I not only see the difference of how it’s done but I can also alter my own workflow so If I think it’s better from how I did it (most of the times it is) then I will use that other way next time.
So far I am satisfied with the course and I trust it’s content and know it will work for me because of Grant explaining things, so thanks to you for making this!

11 Likes

Welcome to the community!

Good looking mech! I like the glowies :slight_smile:

Having fun while learning new things is the best way to go :slight_smile:

Welcome to this site.
Take some time to look around and take part, support and encourage other students.

A good looking mech, nice glass cabin windscreen.

Privacy & Terms