My First Game

I made this with the Unity 3D beginners course and I took months trying to add new things and failing a lot until I realized that I needed to release something not as good so I can put more effort into other things. Please play and tell me what I can improve on for next time. Any feedback is appreciated.

4 Likes

nicely done :slight_smile: love the design! I noticed some jitter when the ship came up to speed, i had the same thing, i changed from Update to FixedUpdate and that made it go away for me :slight_smile:

Itā€™s a good start but I would restrict the player more in terms of where they can fly, currently, every level just feels like ā€œfly over the thing in the middleā€. Also, avoid adding invisible walls if you can help it, put something there to communicate to the player that they canā€™t cross a certain point.

On the third level, thereā€™s a glitch that turns your rocket around into the background, this can be easily solved by locking the rigid body rotation on the X axis (or Z if your camera is rotated 90 degrees for some reason)

Lastly, I got stuck on the level with transparent boxes (I think itā€™s the 4th one), itā€™s not clear what to do or if itā€™s the last level and thereā€™s no more game. Reaching the finish platform just killed me every time, I tried turning on all the boxes but that didnā€™t change anything.

1 Like

Just something I like to look at when posting on older threads, I usually go into the persons profile and see when they were last ā€œseenā€, in this case, the user hasnā€™t been seen in 4 months which was a few days after they started, so the likelihood of them seeing this is pretty unlikely, just something to think about, same thing goes with the other person who posted this. I really like the comments you make on others posts, however it isnā€™t very worth it if the person doesnā€™t visit gamedev tv. Your choice though, just an honest opinion from me.

They may come back or someone else looking through other peopleā€™s projects could read the feedback and go ā€œahaā€ because it could apply to something they did in their game as well.
Not to be rude but you literally make it a point to like and reply on nearly every single post. Iā€™m not gonna judge you for it, you do you, but youā€™re the last person to give lectures on whatā€™s worth replying to or not lol.

1 Like

Ok you do have a point lol, however I only reply on relevant posts, I reply often because itā€™s good for new users to feel encouraged, also many other do this such a fedpete and np5ā€¦ I am not trying to discourage you however Iā€™d rather post 10-30 times in a day to a post that came out an hour ago than to post on a 4 month old postā€¦ Also, I have only posted 1.2k times which isnā€™t much when you looks at some others

Also Iā€™m pretty sure there is somebody who has posted 14k timesā€¦ However that might be me in a couple years

I wonā€™t go digging through old posts and leaving extensive comments on them, but this post got bumped to the community feed so it was already there and since itā€™s an actual ā€œfinishedā€ project I see it as more relevant then something like a progress update. I can only speak for myself but Iā€™m much more likely to go through the posts on the final lecture where people share their games to see what they made and what others are saying. ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

1 Like

Thatā€™s fair, I tend to try to comment on everything to give encouragement like I said before, I have recently tried to comment a little less, I also noticed that i have liked 51 of your posts, which I found was pretty interesting, I see your point, and tbh this post was mentioned to me, so if i hadnt looked at the time i would have done the sane thing as you. I will say, commenting on finished projects is probably a better idea.

Privacy & Terms