My finished Orc! Kind of Warhammer style...ish

I was pretty pleased with myself for doing a different style of orc to the one in the course but now I am struggling to animate him using Mixamo due to his head not being on his shoulders…he may forever have a head that stretches around a bit as he moves. Hopefully can fix it tomorrow!

9 Likes

Nice! Would you like to participate in weekly challenges? The Blender Collab: Week 31 “Aliens”

I think you need only to fiddle the animation for the head bone part.
change the Y-ax, Z -ax location.

1 Like

Sorry, I missed this message which meant I missed that collab week but might try and give the “Mystical place” a go for this week. Thanks for letting me know about it!

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice but I have moved on now (only just seen your reply) - I tried everything (or at least what felt like everything) but just couldn’t get the mixamo animations to work properly - improved it a lot by moving the head bone around and weight painting etc but always was a bit dodgy. The rigify worked well so maybe I’ll produce some custom animations for him in the future.

1 Like

I understand, it’s a learning curve. Best is to have fun then stuck at a problem.

Privacy & Terms