My Finished Dungeon!

Made a little walkthrough video here

Took quite a bit longer than I would have liked, but finally “finished” it.

Took me a bit to get a handle of the lighting and how to set a night time look to the level and ensure enough light was there to navigate the level. The torches themselves provide a little bit, but it’s mostly done using a skylight with a slightly higher intensity. Not quite sure what was going on the video with all of the graphical clipping, seems to happen sometimes and not others.

Definitely realized a bit more about FInterpto with moving location. Originally had thought the InterpSpeed based around how many seconds you wanted for interp to finish, but while I have to lower the value for doors (1-2), I actually had to ramp it up to 500 to get the gate to close using SetActorLocation. I spent a good while debugging it until I realized it was moving very, very slowly.

Not happy with the lock sounds playing as often as they are (i wanted the opening gate locks to play once when both doors shut but… also want to move on to the next lecture so kinda let that one go), but still quite happy with what I was able to do.

2 Likes

Great first level man, congrats! You’ll not do too much more level work in the course after this (except if you do more challenges), but you’ll USE other levels in toon tanks and simple shooter. Both were super fun to me after this part. Keep on it…

Appreciate it! Yea level design is… definitely not my strong suit, but it was fun to go through and add a bit of stuff. Would be nice if it were easier in the editor to snap walls and such, tried looking for ways online, but none seemed to work very well.

Still probably keep going through and trying it out to get better.

First game I have in mind for a person project may not make extensive use of it, but later I think it will

Good job! I am about to start making my own level. Just finished this section.

Thanks!

Privacy & Terms