My final Dungeon Escape (with Medieval Dungeon pack!)

Hey there! :smiley:

I wanted to share with you my final version of the Room Escape game. At first I wanted to make a metaphoric game about “escaping fake news”, but I found that the puzzles that I planned would be a bit harder to implement right now, so I changed my project.

I was curious to check out the UE Market, and I found that there are a few free content packs that look quite nice! So I grabbed the Medieval Dungeon and made a whole new level with it. This is how it looked by the end:

escape3

I also added an ambient sound to the level, and collision sounds to (most of) the moveable objects, so that they make noise when they hit something. You just have to turn on “generate hit events” in the objects meshes and check when the Normal impulse in the hit was somewhat big, or the hit sound will be playing too frequently (there are micro-bounces after these hits, each generating a new hit). My Blueprint for this is the following:
hit-sound

As for the ambient music, you just have to drag the music file into the scene and drop it anywhere.

I found all the audio files in opengameart.org, which is fantastic!! To use them, I just imported them to the project as in the video lecture and then created a cue.

If you guys want to check my dungeon out, it is available at my Git repo: https://github.com/FernandesMF/DungeonEscape

You will need to have the Medieval Dungeon pack too, as I didn’t save its files for the sake of space.

Well, that’s it! I’m loving the course so far, can’t wait to get into the next project!
See you in the other lectures! :grin:

4 Likes

That looks awesome! Can you post a little video of the gameplay? One trick I use for collision sounds is something like: if (vectorlength * TimeSinceLastHit > some value) to give higher priority to heavier hits.

Privacy & Terms