My Exciting Enemy Timeline + progress think over

These would be my next steps:

• Fix the explosion bug so explosions spawn where the X-Wing dies… (I really wish I knew how to fix this one but models are all offseted inside so I might not be able to.)
  • Add a “Hit” effect that makes enemies blink to white when hit, maybe also a new hit SFX.
  • Have both X-wings and TIEs turn black and fall to the ground spinning when dead.
5 Likes

This is coming along really nicely Manu, well done.

On an entirely unrelated note I just had George Lucas on the phone and he… :wink:

Regarding the explosions, are you instantiating them at the transform position of the ship or of a parent GameObject of the ship?

I concur with your second bullet point, watching your video it was the one thing I thought it really needs next, some kind of small particle effect perhaps when the tie’s lasers hit the x-wings and then boom!

Your death animation idea would also be very nice, a simple animation would start that process nicely. You could potentially add to this later by having several different animations and then randomly select one to use, for example, perhaps the tie spins out of control and rolls off to the left a bit in one, to the right a bit in another, tumbling as it goes. Expanding on this further still, having the ability to break the models apart would be very nice too, the tie, for example, having either (or both) wings detached, fall, animate and explode leaving the main capsule tumbling before exploding. A lot more involved but would create a very nice look.

I will look forward to seeing your next update, well done and keep going! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms