My Dungeon Renders + A Sword and Shield

Room 1

Corridor to Room 2

Corner shot with the sword and shield

Room 2

Left View

Right View

This module of the course was really fun! Made 3 different barrels, 3 different crates, a sword, a simple shield and then a holder for the torch on the walls as well. Excited to move on and keep learning casue I learned a ton in this section which allowed me to make the simple sword and shield with ease.

I plan on using this modular method and maybe these assets to try and do a procedural generated dungeon using the modules in Unity at some point.

These renders are appearing dark on one of my monitors, but fine on my main monitor. Let me know if they render dark on yours too as they shouldn’t be as dark as the ones on my second monitor.

2 Likes

100% too dark. Fixing them now.

1 Like

Fixed the lighting a bit. I wish I could render with cycles. I really need to update my gpu since AMD radeon RDNA2 now has an option that wasn’t here last time I was using blender.

5 Likes

Any advice to make the lighting more consistent against other monitors will be appreciated.

1 Like

I’m not a pro when it comes to lighting, so don’t really have any suggestions, but I’m glad you noticed it on your main monitor. Your adjusted renders do look better, but a little more brightness will help a great deal.

3 Likes

Good dungeon as you say still a bit dark though.

Nice additional items sword and shield.

2 Likes

Calibration, and more expensive monitors. I have the same problem.

1 Like

If you have half decent monitor you can search for its review online. On such reviews they often give recommended setup for “good” colors and brightness. Its ofc simplified, but might work for non-professional leveln and is fine for starting.

Than, when you have 2 monitors you can put color bars between the two od them and adjust second do be as simmilar to the first as possibile. Color bars like this:

(Better to rotate them if you have side by side)

This wont give proffesional callibration, as for that you need callibrator and expensive monitor, but its good starting point. And it did work for me :wink: You should maybe check which of your monitors is better in color reproduction and just use that one for color reference and final check (even if its not your main.)

3 Likes

Thanks for this! I definitely think my second monitor represents the colors better, as it was darker on that monitor just like it was when viewing on my iphone/mac (my mac has a really nice samsung monitor so maybe the final check should be over there, just obviously don’t want to work with 3D on that computer). I plan to come back to this dungeon and add more to it later!

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms