My Dirt Generator

I changed a few things here and there, mainly i moved some of the nodes, especially the color nodes out of the dirt generator.

I like it this way more, because I think mixing the roughness maps and colors within the dirt generator is a bit too much abstraction. I think generating a height and roughness map alongside outputting the dirt mask works well, because you have the most flexibility to continue working with the dirt generator output. I also wanted to be able to completely change the plastic roughness, normal and diffuse map, so I chose to handle the mixing parts outside of the dirt generator, using the outputs I named earlier.

Here is what I came up with for my dirt generator:

And this is how I am using it:

I also changed the dirt thickness and density slider handling as already shown In this thread. I also used a map range node to smoothen the dirt heights within the generator instead.

Cheers,

2 Likes

It sounds like you’ve made some thoughtful adjustments to your dirt generator setup, enhancing its flexibility and usability in your project. By separating color nodes and handling roughness maps, colors, and other attributes outside the dirt generator, you’ve effectively streamlined the process. This modular approach not only simplifies the overall structure but also increases your control over the final visual outcome, allowing for more precise adjustments and customization.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms