My coin(16x16) and a spinning gun powerup(32 x 32)

rotatingcoin100
100%
rotatingcoin400
400%
powerupchallenge100
100%
powerupchallenge400
400%

Interesting technique for simple rotation of objects! I’m reading a book called Pixel Logic which I learned about anti-aliasing today (which is yet another thing I will need tons and tons of practice with) So I applied it a bit here. Anyways, great lecture this one was!

3 Likes

Hi Dillon,
The Coins looks great.
for me, the pistol looks a bit off :sweat_smile: not pretty sure why, but it looks for me the pistol is moveing from left to right and back to left, i dont see the spinning here.

But good work!

2 Likes

It’s spinning as if there were a stick through the middle? Or at least that was the thought.
I was having some weird thoughts about what I chose since it is not symmetric like the heart or coin or a star or w.e. So I just think of it as a valiant attempt at something that is probably more challenging than I needed to choose.

Here is the sprite sheet, I am glad to take any advice as to how to make it spin better.

I’m decently satisfied with it for a first attempt so yeah, thanks!

2 Likes

I’m dumb! I just noticed what I did wrong. Missing frames lmao

2 Likes

powerupchallenge400
powerupchallenge-Sheet
Quick fix, but yeah still needs work, but I think it looks a bit better.

2 Likes

hihi, nice looks so much better :rofl:

things like this happens to all of us ! And that is the great part of this community, share your progress and get some feedback!

i like how quick you found the solution! Good job!

2 Likes

maybe for the gun, it would look a tiny bit better, if your rotation is slower.
Maybe a 16 frame rotation, i know it’s a lot work, just if you wanna try it out :wink:

like to see your future works!

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms