My Castle

So I haven’t actually started the castle section yet, but I’ve been learning blender for a while now, so I thought I would make a castle and then follow the course tutorial and make another castle, I’ve still got a lot to learn, I’ve pretty much stopped modelling for a while until recently ( been focusing on sculpting), I used textures from textures.com for most of the materials, I’ve still not learned anything about uv mapping, so I just tried to make the textures work the best I could using the texture coordinate and mapping node, I set the texture coordinate to object and then just played round with the settings. I’m dual wielding courses at the moment, doing the course and a sculpting one, hopefully it wont be a problem but will see how it goes.

8 Likes

Good castle, more detailed than Grant’s.
Textures look fine too.

3 Likes

I actually only modelled the front of the castle, there is no sides or back, but I knew going into it how I was going to position the camera, this is one of the reference images I used, I didn’t want to make an exact copy, but I liked the camera angle.

4 Likes

Ah, Bodiam. Apparently more of a display show off house than an effective castle. Thin walls, windows and a shallow moat.

Be fun to make all of it though.

3 Likes

Yeah I looked up the name of the castle, but didn’t actually do much research about it, I just figured if it was ever attacked or had to be defended it would be pretty difficult to mount an attack due to it only being accessible via the bridge. I didn’t realise it was effectively just a show castle.

2 Likes

It is very pretty, as intended when built, pond/moat for the reflections, and still a great subject to model.

3 Likes

Nice looking castle.Looks great .Love the background hill, grass in the front, bridge and river. Amazing work with the textures by the way. Overall awesome job. :heart_eyes: :star_struck:
As NP5 said, It will be fun to make the full castle. Looks like a great subject to spend a little time modeling.
Besides who knows, maybe you can reuse your finished castle in the future for something instead of making it again from scratch.

2 Likes

Thanks for your comment, I’m not actually a big fan of the castle texture, I wanted a more old look, run down look, I downloaded this one from textures.com I thought it looked nice, but I didn’t like it once I actually put it on the model, there was a second texture I was interested in, but I had already used my daily credits on textures.com, I looked around for something else but I didn’t like any of them, I found out later you can actually mix 2 textures together so I probably could of used the moss texture from the mountain as well to get some green moss on the model, that might of made it look a bit more run down.

2 Likes

This is so cool . You did an amazing job. And i love the view you took.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms