My C++ Game Dev Journey (Title Updated)

For the current challenge and sharing point, I wanted to share my code. Unlike the tutorial, I don’t have the end game function show up in when the guess isn’t the correct number of characters but the behaviour is very similar.

As I continued along the course I finally found a challenge quite difficult during the Structure of an FString. It actually put me through a difficult thought process. I couldn’t figure out what the challenge was meaning so when I started watching the rest of the lecture and it started to make sense. First, my thought process went towards making my function the same way I had been making my function earlier in the section. Then to realize no my function is a bool so that is my being. It then made the rest of the lecture more understandable.

The Ranged For Loop:
Well, another challenge I struggled with. I started attacking the challenge by typing my argument as TArray VaildWord : WordList and of course a ton of errors were showing up. So I tried thinking how do I fix these errors my brain was ok to remove all my index and square brackets sweet fewer errors. But still didn’t understand the concept of the range for loop. I kept going back and listening to the lecture again and was just not getting it. So I gave myself an extra hint. while still on pause I moved a little forward in the lecture then it all made sense. I was heading the right direction just miss understood how to make my variable type. Now I finally understood made all the changes and voila watch the rest of the lecture and everything fell into place.

So here we are again struggling with a challenge. Now I have arrived at the Building Escape fun thing is where I am struggling with this particular challenge is not going ahead of doing. What’s tough about doing online courses is the ability to keep watching when I am struggling to get my glimpse of where I need to go. I suddenly know the right direction and it all makes sense but I haven’t just gone a tried doing what my first thoughts of doing. I started thinking oh we need to add but should I set it up as an if statement. But wait that doesn’t make sense. I am dealing with lerps and the challenge is about initializing my variables to make all my doors open. So now I know my brain will try the most difficult way first then thinking of the simple solution told to me in my challenge.

Yes I know my problem with initializing my variable but I thought it would be great that I shared it as it was how I used it to work in an earlier chanellge of just making my door open knowing my value before I asked it to rotate.

Test Level

I will be updating this post for future challenges.

1 Like

I really love how you go in-depth on what your thought process was. Not only does this help a lot of students but this also help you conceptualize what you are thinking while coding. Remember a lot of coding is solving the problem away from the computer. Then the next step is how do I write the solution in a way the computer will understand. Awesome job! :fire:

1 Like

Thanks so much!

1 Like

Anytime!

Building Escape Level

Privacy & Terms