My Breakout Game theme - BioBreaker

My block breaker game theme is inspired by the Inner Space movie and the current pandemic although it is not specifically about Covid.

The player has been shrunk to microscopic size in a capsule and injected into the patient.

They must break down the blocks of a virus throughout various parts of the patient to save their life.

Blocks will be the virus, ball the cure and the paddle will be the craft the player is in.

Placeholder background image is from Pixabay and free for personal and commercial use.

Plan is to have different images for each level of the game/body parts but not graphic/potentially upsetting :slight_smile:

Working title is BioBreaker.

2 Likes

A strong theme that has a lot of potential.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback @TruGreer. I got a couple of levels planned out with placeholder blocks and images before I moved on with the course. In truth, I moved on to the 3D course as my heart just isn’t in 2D development.

Once the 3D course is complete, I do plan on re-visiting the 2D one and giving it another go to try and maximise my exposure to the teaching.

I do definitely see potential with this breakout game theme though so I am going to continue planning levels etc. for it so I can come back to it at a later date with a full concept.

1 Like

That’s almost the opposite of what I’m doing. I’m sticking to 2D as I plan on making high quality 2D and 2.5D games, before moving on to the 3D stuff. For 3D I plan on covering both Unity and Unreal. I have some exposure to 3D in Unreal, but would like to see how it works on Unity too. Also like you I’m using these courses to develop my own ideas further.

1 Like

Great idea. +1 for Inner Space reference, -0.5 for no Fantastic Voyage reference. :wink:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms