My BP_SecretWall trigger component keeps resetting itself in the game

Slightly irritating but I have had to set the extent of the trigger in the BP_SecretDoor several times now. It seems like everytime I change something in the C++ trigger component, that the editor forgets the old and resets everything.

So for example, in this lecture we added a new private UPROPERTY for a layer mask basically. I added that, recompiled, and instantly my trigger extent goes from being in the alcove to back to its original location.

Takes a few minutes of head scratching to figure out that anything is broken. In this case I was alerted in my log that my cell door was colliding and I instantly figured out what had happened before I even knew to open the editor… (because that box in the image is touching the cell door to its right in the scene).

Anyway to stop this from happening everytime an object gets changed?

I mean… if we had a dozen secret doors on our level and someone had to make a change to its underlying C++ and that caused something like this to have to be fixed level-wide, thats a huge no-go!

1 Like

After doing some research:

Now I’m not using jet brains rider but the solution here is the same I think pretty much everywhere.

My problems always happen when I add Unreal Components to my Header (h) files. This will cause my entire blueprints that used these objects to crap themselves and reset.

The solution until they fix this is… if you make a header change at all - close the editor out and rebuild it in visual studio or whatever your IDE is.

Rapid prototyping with Live Coding is currently busted.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms