My BlockBreaker, with lots of cool new features!

I’m loving the course so far. I became very enthusiastic about BlockBreaker and ended up coding quite a lot of cool features on my own. Considering I haven’t even started LaserDefender, I’m quite amazed by what I have been able to come up with! :slight_smile:

My version of BlockBreaker features 9 Levels of increasing difficulty, and each level introduces at least one new feature. The first 4 levels are unlocked by default and the rest have to be unlocked by playing. Once you reach a level for the first time you can pick it as many times as you want in the level selection screen.

The game features a lives system, random extra life pickups, and rockets to get rid of those last pesky bricks (hit Left Mouse Button to fire a rocket!), so it should be quite fast-paced to play. Just don’t expect it to be a walk in the park though, because the last levels can be quite challenging.

If you want to go straight into the cool stuff, start at Level 4! The first 3 levels are nice to introduce the game, but they feature pretty much the standard BlockBreaker stuff that was taught at the course and we all know about already… :stuck_out_tongue:

https://gamebucket-io.s3.amazonaws.com/GAMES/5cc6bff2-b142-4e5b-ba34-4bb221d2f35c/TheGlecters_BlockBreaker/index.html

Enjoy! :slight_smile:

Very intersting and certainly a lot of fun! I’m still working on mine and it’s nowhere near quite as interesting as yours, but every level is quite jarring with the introduction of new blocks like first you had those metal ones, then you made metal ones that are open at the top?

You have a lot of talent here and I can’t wait to see what else you might be able to produce along your path, very nice work :smiley:

Thanks for your words! I don’t believe in talent, though. :stuck_out_tongue: Things just get better the more thought and work you put into them, that’s it! :slight_smile:

Good luck with your BlockBreaker!

1 Like

Thanks and part of me does hold back, but at the same time I find the more interesting elements you can re-produce the more that’ll help you in the future. Especially if something you are implementing gets re-used later in the course or you want to do it again such as the concept of Lives I may want to re-do in Laser Defender when I get to it.

Privacy & Terms