Since I find myself on the leading edge of the course (meaning, I’m waiting for more content) I’m often charging forward somewhat blindly. For example, I struggled with ship movement for a couple days before this video was published, and Ben introduced us to the magic of Quaternion.Euler:
transform.localRotation = Quaternion.Euler(pitch, yaw, roll);
Et viola! Suddenly my attempts were getting closer to the mark… It took a bit of back-and-forth with my faulty logic trying to use the X-axis when I should have been using Y, or adding when I should be subtracting, but once I worked-out those issues, and a couple other silly mistakes, I finally had some source-code that I’m fairly happy with. While tidying I found a couple things to remove to make it more efficient… I’d advise against looking at the “bad” code that proceeded this benchmark, but here’s a link to the code at this point in time (lines 70-94 are for player rotation):
Thanks for checking it out!