My additions to the course

Hi I wanted to show off what I’ve made so far after taking the course.

I hope to work with more people that want to advance this already great grid system. Enemy AI is a tough obstacle.

1 Like

Neat upgrades! Moving the UI into more of a menu thats local go the unit and pathfinding elevation are two of the items in my to-do list as well.

Curious about the elevation… did you implement multiple grids at different heights or just add a y value to the pathfinding nodes?

PathNode has an int elevation that I change via mouse click in the PathfingUpdater.
In pathfinding I get a list of Vector3 of the grid positions and add in the elevation height.

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to get elevation working,
I had some platforms and stairs I wanted to be able to go up, but have not had good luck with it.

Really gratifying to see someone can get the character to walk up slopes.

Yeah I had a 3d hex grid at one point, adding a third axis, Z-axis to the grid, but couldn’t get EnemyAI to work even after all the tutorials. Had me down for quite a while but now I got a battle system going based off the HeroScape system, a 2d grid with height. I really want to add multiplayer with the tutorials on Netcode for GameObjects. Can’t wait to share!

Privacy & Terms