MVP - PROJECT TERRA-The Birth of a World

I have been asked by Rick to post my MVP for (PROJECT TERRA) …Without further ado:

Minimum Viable Product:

Create a terrain map of Pairn that is navigable.

• The map should be projected onto a sphere.
  • You should be able to rotate around it in the east/west direction.
  • The lands and oceans should be identifiable as such. (Blue = Water. Greenish = Land.)
  • You should have the ability to zoom in and zoom out. (Within reason, of course…)

This would obviously be the bare bones of the operation. MAYBE label the continents and oceans/seas for clarity, but this is not necessary. I already have the Tectonic Plates drafted, as well as their continental drift, and rotation, so the landmasses will be a direct result of how the plates are interacting with each other in this current snapshot of my world.

I look forward to posting you guys and gals status updates. Cheers!

1 Like

I would love to see this through all the stages of development! Can’t wait for the updates!

1 Like

Hey there! Thanks for the encouragement! I don’t know that much about programming (yet…) but I plan on doing my homework. I have so many ideas that keep popping up it is heating up my pen every time I jot them down so I can make more space up there. Rick has been a great tutor in this (and in many aspects of my life) and has helped me set up a schedule that works for me so that I can chase and accomplish my dreams. I will keep updating as I move through his course, and onto the completion (and through many other courses!) The sky is the limit, and there is no ceiling in outer space! Thanks again!

1 Like

That’s awesome man! Go accomplish your dreams! You can do this! As long as you put in the work anything is possible!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms