Muzzle flash too bright

I have played around with the settings, but the flash is still painfully bright for me. I cannot figure out how to reduce the glare from it, nothing I change seems to make a difference.

Hi, I found it far too bright as well. My solution was to remove two of the array elements from Airglow (taking it down to one from three) - just like we did for the bullets/shell casings - it’s the same process.

This is how I did it:

in content browser locate P_BelicaMuzzle and open
Highlight Airglow and click on Spawn
On the left hand side go to Burst List and delete Index 1 and Index 2 leaving Index 0.

Hey presto it’s a lot less bright but you still get a decent flash. I found with airglow turned off it didn’t look right.

Hopefully that helps. I can post a screenshot if my instructions don’t make sense

I thought this could be important for future students going through this. Mine was also painfully bright and I couldn’t get what was different. Thanks @ArthurGlass for getting me half way there, but the true issue was that, unlike the teacher instructed, I had left 0.4 of Lens Flare on my GlobalPostProcessVolume and this was the reason I was getting blinded by the muzzle.
It still looks much bigger than in the video, but at least now it looks like a muzzle flash, not a nuke! :laughing:

TL;DR: Disable lens flare!

I had to scale mine to 0.5, this made it look very similar to the instructors version.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms