Multires Apply Base isn't working

I’m at the baking mutliresolution objects lecture, and for some reason, when I press Apply Base, on my mesh with the multires modifier, it’s doesn’t do anything. Anyone know how to fix this?

1 Like

P.S. All scales have been applied.

1 Like

It may be nothing much needs to move. If the shape is not greatly altered it will not need to move the base one.

1 Like

General Q&A note

Help us all to help you.
Please give full screenshots with any questions. With the relevant panels open.
This can be done by Blender itself, via the ‘Window’ menu bar top left-hand side.
On that menu dropdown is ‘save screenshot’.
Also, include the lecture time and name/number that is relevant to the problem/issue.

Sure thing. I went along with what I had, and it turns out that Apply Base did in fact work, just not the way I would have desired. Instead of pushing the low poly mesh inward, to match the multires result, it pushed it outward. By the way, I had this porblem with pretty much all multires object, but the ones that really had issues are the loin cloths. I’ll see if I have any saves so I can send the images.

1 Like

1 Like

I hope these can be of use.

By the way, yes, I went the 10% Imagination route by making close to 0 differences in the overal shape of the model. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Not sure it will have worked, but you could add edge crease data to some edges

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! I have gone ahead and continued with the course with the issue I have, but I will keep the crease option in mind for the next time I do something similar. Thanks!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms