Multiple time enter portal spawn at wrong place

ezgif.com-gif-maker (4)
HI, i was following the course “Fixing The Fader”, and i found a bug in my project, which is wrong spawn position after multiple entry the portal as the picture below. i went back to the lecture “swapn point” multiple time of wacthing still cannot find what i miss, can anyone help me please?

I’m not sure which lecture “Fixing the Fader” was, but at an early point in the course there is indeed a bug where the player will spawn in the same location as the previous scene dictates. This is fixed in a later lecture. Perhaps you have not reached that lecture yet

1 Like

Check to make sure that your faders are at the root of the heirarchy. If they are under another GameObject (we like to clean our scenes up and organize the heirarchy) then DontDestroyOnLoad won’t work, so that when the new scene is loaded, the character is never moved to the correct spot (this also prevents loading the state of the character in saving).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms