Multiple selected objects do not rotate

In video 5_GG_CBC while selecting multiple stairs, I was trying to rotate a duplicated block. This does not appear to work as expected, only the last selected item rotates at all. I found a few online items that would make this better ( parenting to an empty object, changing pivot point, etc ), but these are well past basic rotation as discussed in the lecture.

Perhaps I’m missing something simple?

2 Likes

Try to search in this “ask” forum. Someone had the same question one or two weeks ago!

2 Likes

I hope you found a solution to your problem, but if not, here is my best guess at what is going on.
Based on your issue and what I see, it looks like you are changing the rotation in the object data, which only works on the primary selection.
It should work if you press R or use the rotation gizmo.

3 Likes

As I recall it the last person with this issue was trying to rotate using the numeric inputs in the N panel, which can only affect one object at a time, the active object. For all to rotate together you use the usual shortcuts and type an angle in if not just dragging the mouse. So R Z 35 or some such.

2 Likes

As @FedPete and @NP5 both said. Someone has this problem before. And I remember it too, and scrolled through my history and found it. @zeRgenTa is right, I think this is the same solution you’re looking for: Duplication - Selection issue (blender) - #7 by Gordon

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms