Multiple models with the same rig and animations

Hello, what is the workflow of having multiple models being able to use the same rig and animations? I am making models for an FPS game, so all the characters there are more or less the same dimensionally. However, their uniforms are quite different, so I doubt I could re-sculpt the original. How to make sure when making another character, that it will be able to use the same rig and animations the original uses? Issues like foot clipping into the ground, if it would be slightly bigger, or not accurate holding of weapon, if the arms are a bit different are the stuff I am worried about.

1 Like

I think the best way would be to create your base character shape and rig. Once you have that, you can use it as the starting point for sculpting the specifics of their looks. (just remember to use save as before you start sculpting so you don’t inadvertantly save over your starting shape.)

1 Like

You can use the same (copy) of a rig and change the scale of the armature, to fit the mesh.
See

https://www.mixamo.com/

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms