Multiple Material Challenge - Rubik's Cube

Looked on to some of the other showcases attached to the video and thought that this was a really good concept for the challenge:

10 Likes

Well made classic item.

2 Likes

Really well made rubix cube. Cool that you got the gaps in there, nice touch. Completely in love with your lighting setup. Gorgeous purple and yellow shadows!

2 Likes

The colours are wrong. I made the same mistake a few years back on my first cube.

2 Likes

Wrong in terms of shading or color?

On shading I was pretty lenient with myself. Color scheme – I’m not really all that familiar with the Rubik’s cube myself, so I just used wiki article’s color scheme and made rough approximations. Lots of variations when searching images on the net.

2 Likes

This is too funny! By chance I also created a rubiks cube, came here to the forum to share and your post is at the top of the list. They even look really similar too :stuck_out_tongue:

PS I think what the other poster meant by wrong colours is that green and blue are always opposite each other on a standard rubik’s cube.

Nice work!

5 Likes

Thanks. That makes sense now that I think about it :laughing: They even had the diagram split out like you would see a UV map and I didn’t notice.

2 Likes

I actually went to Wikipedia page to have look and all is right there. Didn’t want to correct you as that would be just a dush move

3 Likes

BTW here is my cube mug

3 Likes

That looks like it would be hard to drink from haha.

2 Likes

Who needs to create donuts when we got an Rubik’s Cube showdown? Nice work on the Cubes, and Cups.

This topic should be a Weekly Challenge pick!

1 Like

Nah can’t tell the difference from normal cup

1 Like

That’s really cool, i ended up making a cube like that aswell it was a really cool item to make for the Multiple Material Challenge.

4 Likes

Privacy & Terms