Movie Render wanting to RE render frames. Help?

OK - I’m confused…

I’ve done this a couple of times with no problems but now all of the sudden its wanting to NOT use my selected image sequence of ALREADY rendered frames to quickly render a movie. Instead its going ahead and making the movie by rendering each frame again - i.e. just as long a render time as the image render.

I think I did everything right. Added Image sequence to Video editor, went back to render panel and set to H264 and Quicktime… Hit Animation render button… and @!#$#!@! it starts re-rendering frame by frame to make the movie. The end result IS the desired movie, but its not supposed to re-render the frames but rather assemble them.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, the problem here is that you need to set the “Sequencer” check box on on the Post Processing section on. You can also tick the compositing off since you have already rendered the images. If you have all the images added to the Video editor pressing render will create the movie without rendering the actual frames again.

Hope this helps!

Cheers, Jax

Thanks Jax - that fixed it. However… the reason I turned Sequencer off is because originally it wouldn’t render at all with it on, as in the original png frames. Someone told me to turn it off and the render worked. Then the movie issue occurred after.

So… Is the take away that there is one set of settings in that Post section for the original image sequence and a different to render the final movie from them? If this is the case, why didn’t I have this problem before?

Thanks for your help.

Julian

1 Like

Hi mate!

Blender uses both post processing options by default but since usually when you start modeling you don’t have either compositing or video sequencer, or even better, you don’t have any nodes in the compositing nor you have images added to the sequencer.

So I think the reasoning behind this is that they both “work” (are turned on) if you decide to utilize them. It gets tricky when you add the first image to the sequencer since this will “override” your compositing / normal render. So if you add images to the sequencer you just need to remember to play with the post processing options.

Hope this helps!

Cheers, Jax

OK - will do. Thanks Jax

Julian

1 Like

Privacy & Terms