Movement not working right in 4.22

So I’ve been having trouble with the movement in this project quite a bit. I’ve approximated a solution for the player movement, and it seems to be okay. But I am lost on what’s causing these problems.

1. Turning doesn’t work with the colliders. The player tank won’t move when I press the turn button. (I haven’t tested this with a controller.) I was able to approximate a fix to this by making the tracks collider capsules, and making them smaller. This would seem to imply a problem with the friction, and the surface area being too much. The only other way I was able to fix this was to turn the throttle power up to 160,000,000. And this made the player tank pop a wheelie as it moved.

2. The AI tank. Now moves too. But it moves all wrong. The forward and backward worked fine before adding turning and changing the colliders. But now it backflips through the air whenever it moves.

The movement is redone at the end but did you look to see if your physics material got reset to none?

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms