More training on version control please

I tried version control on laser defender, after upgrading from unity 4.7 to unity 5. Don’t know what I did wrong. But somehow got everything messed up. Nor could I return to a previous version. Could you include in the training, an session on how to recover a previous version, and if possible how to go backwards and forwards between versions and how to create/ delete branches in version control. Thanks

1 Like

I will second that request, Sorendark!

1 Like

Agreed. I messed up Project Boost but have it all in SourceTree.
But how to recover ?

1 Like

Since you haven’ t gotten an answer here, you might want to post to Q & A on Udemy site.

1 Like

In a related thread Rob mentioned he’d look into if it might be viable to include a YouTube video on this topic in the help area… Hang tight and it might come to pass.

1 Like

Thanks, Jack!

It would be great to have a walkthrough video to recover from Source Tree.

I have fallen back on the old Blender method of version control…LOL… adding .001 on end, doing a save as, then hit the plus sign in the save area to change the version number to the next (i.e. .002, 003, etc.). Works pretty good for what I want it to do.

2 Likes

Looks like more information on version control will be implemented in lesson 103.

1 Like

I have the same problem, I pressed some buttons and lost all my work for some reason! Have to start all over again :frowning:

We need to know how to navigate through different versions…

Privacy & Terms