More Cel Shading

Long time no see! I’ve recently been taking a six-part tutorial series on a toon shader, to take a bit of a break from the comics and to make some nice cel shading stuff, which I felt inspired to do after looking at the items in Risk Of Rain 2 (it has cel shaded graphics). So this is an alternate boss items for one of the enemies. Really like how it came out, and am loving this shader, definitely recommend it.

Link to tutorial: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZ7TSA6MfgM_IX3qZslXx_QdvLLDZHZGx

3 Likes

There ought to be possible other ‘rendering’ effects. I once saw some AI thing that took a photo and made it look like a VanGogh, or any of several artists styling. I know there are filters in things like photoshop that convert images to paint effects. So basically anything rendered could surely be passed over again and made top look a certain way, from a charcoal drawing to a sploggy smear of a Picasso. I am surprised in some ways that this toon render type of thing is done from the 3d source rather than a post plain render, filter.

OK was not hard to find

2 Likes

That looks as I imagined it should be able to be done. Looks like it is still in development? Not much info there. Clever stuff if you want these non realistic painterly styles.

Yeah it’s in beta, but its free for now… donno how long that’ll last. Here’s the FAQ for more info.

Creators like Joel Haver have been using the beta of ebsynth for YouTube content like this (The “key” frames are done in MS Paint):

Anyway, goin way off-topic here… nice cell-shading @Ethan_Martinez.

1 Like

This looks really cool! I love cel shaded models

Privacy & Terms