More Audio errors

So ive noticed that on my computer whenever im downloading audo or what ever from the course they come up as Winrar. 1) idk why it comes up as Winirar but i work with it anyhow 2) my files arent even the same. Im not much of a techi person but i can tell just by looking at them that iwasnt going to be able to use them. What i downloaded from the course is on the left and Ricks is on the fire. the files arent even the same.

what should i do?

I ended up just taking these files and converting them to wav files since wav files never let me down. i just typed into goodle convert ogg to wav and got Convertio.co.

Hi Jayy,

The files are in a zip archive which has to be unzipped. Whether you use WinRar or 7Zip or something else does not matter. You should have extracted the files on your harddrive.

On the right side, I can see the VLC player meaning that it is very likely that you also installed the ogg codec along with it. The sound clips should have worked.

If they didn’t for some reason, feel free to use wav. We prefer ogg because the files are much smaller.

See also:

• Free unzipping tool: 7Zip

alright im trying to use this 7zip for this

but 1. im pretty sure i dont need to unzip this but unity isnt letting me put it into my project and 2. idk how to use the 7zip im on the site and im not seeing any clear instructions

Edit: nvm. it seems like the things the prefessors have u download have to be outside of the folder they put them in in order to use them so i just took it out the folder then tried putting it in unity and it worked. that might be why the OGG didnt work. thank you

The package file should not get unzipped. This is the file you are supposed to import into Unity.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms