Momentum - Synthwave multiball

My game for chapter 2 features:

• Multiball
  • Lots of purple
  • Target blocks that win you the level (to solve the kill-that-one-last-block syndrome)

Please let me know what you think!

edit: maybe a link to the game would help :wink:

6 Likes

ouuh love the theme!
I also did a sythwave inspired game with my brick breaker! Love that :smiley:
I really like that we don’t have to break aaall the bricks but must get to and break a specific one, it’s such a a great idea!

Great work!

1 Like

The style, smoothness of controls, design, and levels are excellent.
But the loss of the bonus ball takes one life from the player.

1 Like

But the loss of the bonus ball takes one life from the player.

Yes, that is part of the design: better keep all balls up!

However, I do realize this needs to be made more clear to the player, as it is contrary to normal expectations of multiball. Did you notice the game slows down when you get an extra ball? The game tries to help you in that respect.

1 Like

That’s interesting because I thought about usual to Block Breaker projects velocity loss: in many projects (in my project too) the ball slows down because of Velocity Tweak.
For example, Velocity Tweak can generate a series of vectors which will be negative to ball vector. In the result we will have a slowing or accelerating ball - it depends on Random.

Did you notice the game slows down when you get an extra ball?

Now I see it :slightly_smiling_face:

I did not like the random velocity tweak, so I made something that always changes the direction of the ball perpendicular to its current direction if the angle is to shallow. Once I have calculated the new direction, I change the speed to be the standard speed.

This works great, in theory. In practice the ball still get’s stuck :rofl: (and I’m moving to the next project / to lazy to investigate and fix it)

and I’m moving to the next project / to lazy to investigate and fix it

The same :raised_hands:

This is a too specific problem to delve into at this stage of learning.

Very nicely executed. The design is smooth and lovely. I also like how the bricks match the background. I would just change the number of lives given or let the player regain some on the next lvl. Great job!

1 Like

Thanks. And I probably fell into the trap of thinking my game is easy to play because I played it myself too many times :slight_smile: .

Color wise I am inspired by this video to try to stick to a limited color palette for the entire game.

1 Like

Good video, tks for posting it.
I thought my game easy too, hence why I gave the player 5 lives…

this is really cool !

Thank you!

Wow! So amazing man. I like how you made an extra ball pop out when you hit a certain block. Trying to work out that for myself. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

And I’m sure you’ll figure out how to do it. It’s just using the Instantiate method to make a new ball at the position of the block.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms