Modular Vehicles - Car Progress

1st stage is done. I have a car :slight_smile:
ezgif-3-16b21116ae

4 Likes

Not bad, can’t wait to see what you come up with next. Here’s one of my finest creations in Blender :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (marked it with the nameplate)

2 Likes

Wow looks great! That’s well outside the scope of my modelling needs, tho :). How long did it take to create this?

6 months, it was an aggressive project back in the day. Once you have the basics set up correctly, message me and I’ll send you the link to the course I followed to make this :slight_smile: (P.S: if you’re using anything above Blender 2.8, don’t bother. I made this 'Vette in Blender 2.79b. I made this in 2020 when the pandemic hit, out of boredom)

In a nutshell, we used the Shrinkwrap and Mirror modifiers intensely back then

1 Like

I’m on the newest Blender.

I’m not sure I want to spend 6 months on one model though :slight_smile: It’s an amount of time in which I can make a very good progress on probably most if not all of the models, design and logic for a small game :D.

1 Like

I agree with you. I’m just the type of guy who goes quiet for a while, and then comes up with something out of nowhere that blows everyones’ mind away (at least this was my style. In the real world, unless you make a lot of money out of that, it’s not recommended if it doesn’t fit in your project)

To keep it short and sweet though, the car body was designed off reference images from the real world Corvette C7, creating a solid body, which I then duplicated, used the original body as the shrinkwrap modifier reference model for the duplicated one, and then started cutting into the body accordingly, all on one half of the car, and the mirror modifier mirrored that (I won’t dare touch asymmetrical cars at this point in time, that’ll be double trouble for me). Other than that, I manually created everything else out of scratch (modelling-wise)

1 Like

True,

It’s not suprising that AAA studios have an army of artists that are making relatively small amount of models each and the studios invest heavily into 3D scans.

1 Like

Some of them use scanners that translate the models into 3D programs (I saw this somewhere, just not sure where), and then fine tune them from there. For me personally though, it’s just me and Brian Trotter helping me in my project (bless him), so there’s a good chance I’m just buying assets off the internet for now (can’t be bothered modelling everything from scratch, textures, coloring, etc… right now. I’ll teach and let someone else do that for me)

1 Like

Very nicely done, :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms